SPEEDWAY MY WAY CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: The sponsor of this competition is High School E-Sports League, LLC (also referred to as “Generation Esports” or “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Competition (the "Contest") is open to people who meet all of the following requirements:
A legal resident of the United States.
17 years of age or older at time of entering contest.
If 17 years of age, contestant must have written parental consent to enter if they are to be selected to win.
Must be a registered member of the High School Esports League or Military Gaming League communities at app.generationesports.com.
Employees, independent contractors, interns, officers, directors, and agents of Generation Esports and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
3. AGREEMENT TO RULES: By entering the Contest, the contestant ("You") agree to comply with and abide by these Rules and Terms of Conditions and the decisions of the Sponsor, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the Sponsor's decisions as final and binding as it relates to the content of this campaign. Entrants should look solely to the Sponsor with any questions, comments or issues related to the Contest.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins on September 8, 2022 at 12:01AM PDT and ends on September 22nd, 2022 at 11:59PM PDT (the "Entry Period"). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
5. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest must be entered by creating and submitting a video and posting on social media with the hashtag #SpeedwayMyWay. The following rules apply:
Video must be at least 15 seconds in length.
Must be English language.
Must be original content created by the contestant.
No copyrighted music or material can be used in the video.
Must be posted on TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
Must use the hashtag #SpeedwayMyWay in the copy of your post.
Post must be public and not on a private account.
The entry must fulfill all requirements of the Contest, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications of the Contest may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules of the Contest, your submission may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
6. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected from eligible entries during the ENTRY PERIOD based on video creativity, skill-level demonstrated, virality, innovation, and ingenuity.
Winners will be selected based on merit from among all eligible entries received during each ENTRY PERIOD by representatives of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Campaign. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during ENTRY PERIOD. The Prize will be awarded and the potential winner will be notified by direct message on the social media channel on which they entered. The potential winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize, at which point they forfeit their prize and a new potential winner will be selected. Prize is nontransferable and no cash substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is unavailable.
The Sponsor shall have no liability for a Winner's failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for a Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Any violation of these official rules by the Winner at the Sponsor's sole discretion will result in the Winner's disqualification as winner, and all privileges as winner will be immediately terminated.
7. PRIZE: A maximum of 100 winners will be selected - up to FIFTY (50) from the Military Gaming League community and up to FIFTY (50) from the High School Esports League community.
Each winner will receive:
Subscription to iRacing.
Steering wheel and pedal set up.
Misc items needed to compete in the Speedway tournament.
Additional merchandise and apparel inclusion is possible and subject to sponsor inclusion.
8. Actual/appraised value of prizes may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except for at the Sponsor's discretion. The prize is non transferable. Substitution of the prize or transfer/assignment of the prize to others or request for the cash equivalent of the prize by the Winner is not permitted. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
9. Rights Granted by the Entrant: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the Sponsor and anyone acting on behalf of the Sponsor or its respective licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Generation Esports from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Generation Esports may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
10. TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorised human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such cases, the Sponsor may select a winner(s) from eligible entries received before and/or after the action taken by the Sponsor if appropriate. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the \Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. DISPUTES: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. By participating in this Campaign, you agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the United States having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the Contest). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. WINNER’S LIST: To request a copy of the winners list please contact the Sponsor. Requests must be sent within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
13. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Reddit, Pinterest, LinkedIn or any other social networks that are used to share the Contest. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of the Contest and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Reddit, Pinterest, LinkedIn or any other social networks.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: HIGH SCHOOL E-SPORTS LEAGUE, LLC AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AS WELL AS, THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES SHALL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR GOODWILL. IN ALL EVENTS, THE SOLE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE REPLACEMENT OF THE PRIZE OR THE ARV OF THE PRIZE SET FORTH HEREIN.
15. GOVERNING LAW & VENUE: THE MISSOURI COURTS (STATE & FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE PROMOTION AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MISSOURI SHALL GOVERN THE SAME. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND HEREBY IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE VENUE OF THOSE COURTS.
© 2022 High School E-sports League